PubSubHubbub and WebSockets
- PubSubHubbub is a realtime web technology that allows Server to Server communication.
- WebSockets is a realtime web technology that allows Server to Client (browser, desktop, phone) communication.
Combining both makes sense. This is what that is. Use this feed and update it with this app if you're looking for feeds you can update. This feed is also high frequency..
- When you type a feed url in there, your browser sends it to a websocket server
- When the server gets this request, it subscribes to a PubSubHubbub for this feed
- Later, when the feed is updated, the hub sends this update directly to the websocket server
- And finally, the server sends this new update to this page
Check also this other client. You should clone run this server on your own machine. You can also tweak this page (which is just a websocket client).